Operate heavy-duty trucks responsible for the collection of solid waste & recyclables. Driver will transport the material to a disposal, transfer, or recycle facility when trucks reach legal load capacity. Driver safely maneuvers vehicle in residential & commercial environments. Navigates high traffic and congested roadways, driveways, alleyways, and lots.
- Operates vehicle in accordance with Opdenaker Trash & Recycling Safety Best Practices, OSHA (Occupational and Safety Health Act) and DOT (Department of Transportation) requirements as well as all local, state and federal laws.
- Performs pre- and post-trip inspections of assigned vehicle and documents checks utilizing the standard DVIR.
- Immediately reports all unsafe situations or service related issues to Route Manager or Dispatch.
- Attends and participates in all scheduled training programs, briefings, and meetings as required by Opdenaker Trash & Recycling or directed by the Route Manager.
- Works closely with Route Manager to improve route efficiencies and identify best practice.
- Follows route assignments as directed and completes end of day documentation and check out process.
- Performs all duties as scheduled by Route Manager or Dispatch and assisting other drivers as directed to meet customer needs.
Skills and Requirements:
- High school diploma/GED required
- Class A driver's license in good standing
- No serious tickets or accidents in last 5 years
- No DWI/DUI in last 10 years
- 2+ years' commercial driving experience required
- Monday - Friday 5:00am-2:00pm (overtime paid over 40 hours/week)
- Medical Benefits (coverage paid in full 100% by company)
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick
- 401k Retirement Plan
- $23.00-$25.00+ per hour + overtime